Thursday, 27 December 2007
Belief is any guiding principle, dictum, faith or passion that can provide meaning and direction in life. Beliefs are prearranged filters to our perceptions of the world. One person with a belief is equal to a force of 99 who have only an interest.Beliefs are the compass and maps that guide us to our goals, and give us surety that we know that we will get there.
To change our behavior, we need to start with our own beliefs. Belief becomes reality (placebo experiments)Drugs are not always necessary, belief in recovery always is. Belief is nothing but a state, an IR(Internal Representation)that governs behavior.Change your belief, and change your IR, which will change your behavior.
Belief is a choice.
Sources of Belief
1. Environment – Success breeds success, failure breeds failure. Generally it is part of belief values.
2. Events, small or large can help foster beliefs.
3. Foster belief through knowledge
4. Belief based on our past results. If someone succeeds once or twice, they will succeed in the future.
5. Creating in your mind the experience you desire in the future as if it were now. (Goal setting)You can control your beliefs, you can control the way you model others.You can consciously direct your life, you can change. Beliefs that have limited you Beliefs that can serve to help you achieve your highest goals
If you do not like your beliefs, you can change them. Key is to take your beliefs, and ensure that they are working for you in a way to achieve your goals and objectives.ie that they are effective and empowering. If you believe, you will keep coming back until you succeed.